Healthy business communities are those with involved citizens.
Belonging to a chamber is a way to get involved!
Reasons you should be a chamber member:
• Because you have a business stake in your community, which can best be safeguarded, by working with others through the Chamber of Commerce, to protect and advance your business.
• Because you will reap the benefits through the work of the Chamber of Commerce.
• Because you will develop your own abilities and broaden your own view.
• Because you can participate with others in areas of mutual concern that would be financially impossible for you to do by yourself.
• Because the Chamber of Commerce unifies the public spirit of your business community and directs it into useful and constructive channels.
• Because the Chamber helps create and express sound opinions on questions affecting the welfare of your business community.
• Because without a strong Chamber of Commerce, your community would be less able to compete with other towns for new business and payroll.
• Because the most effective and constructive influence is the force of organized businesses functioning through the Chamber of Commerce for the purpose of improving our area. We can, through organized effort, make this the kind of area we determine it should be.
What’s in it for you?
• Free Listing in the Chamber’s Business Directory & Visitors Guide.
• Monthly Newsletter.
• Opportunity to volunteer and sharpen leadership skills — serve on committees, special projects, the Board of Directors and in the Office & Visitors Center.
• Press Coverage for your business.
• Business Contacts — Meet new people, discover mentors, find new friends and clients, discover new products and services, and learn how other businesses solved problems that yours may be facing now.
• Business referrals through the Chamber’s Office & Visitors Center.
• Opportunity to display your marketing material in the Chamber’s Office & Visitors Center.
• Inclusion of your business materials in Chamber mailings.
• Cost effective, targeted advertising opportunities…including the Internet.
• Opportunity to chart the course of your Chamber by electing the Board of Directors or serving on the board itself.
• Credibility — Because the Chamber is a respected business organization, your association with the Chamber will impress potential customers, business associates, and lenders.
“Your Chamber membership is like a membership to the gym. You’ve got to use it for it to do any good.”